USA Rugby seeks Board of Directors nominees
USA Rugby is currently seeking candidates for two at-large Directors positions on its nine-member Board of Directors. The USA Rugby Board is responsible for oversight of the strategic direction of USA Rugby and for assisting in the development of the financial resources, contacts and partnerships that will facilitate USA Rugby in reaching its objectives. The Board works closely with the CEO in overseeing the implementation of the organization’s strategic and operational plans.
SPECIFICATION FOR AT-LARGE BOARD DIRECTORS
Candidates should have an intense interest in the sport of rugby. They should be persons of considerable personal achievement on and off the sporting field, and should bring to USA Rugby their passion, dedication, knowledge, experience and personal networks in a variety of key areas, including but not limited to the following:
- A passion for American and International amateur and professional sports.
- An ability to raise money and develop and manage financial resources for sporting organizations.
- Access to sporting, business, political, social, educational, international and other relevant networks and contacts to assist USA Rugby reach new levels.
- Experience in sports marketing, corporate sponsorship and event management.
- Knowledge of media access.
- Experience in creating growth, implementing strategic sporting plans, and leading major organizations.
- Knowledge of contracts and related legal matters.
- The financial resources to pay expenses for four to six meetings per year for a period of four years. Meetings are held throughout the United States.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
If you believe you meet these specifications and are interested in becoming a Board member, or you know someone who is, please submit a résumé, vitae, and/or detailed bio, along with a black and white photo to the USA Rugby Board Nominations Committee NO LATER THAN March 17, 2014, c/o Janna Doyscher at firstname.lastname@example.org. While e-mail communication is strongly preferred, Janna Doyscher may also be reached by telephone at (303) 539-0302.