Who we are:
A group of current and former athletes serving USA Rugby leadership roles.
- Beth Black: Int'l Athlete on USA Rugby Board, Retired Womens' 7s, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian McClenehan: Int'l Athlete on USA Rugby Board, Retired Mens' XVs, email@example.com
- James Gillenwater: USOC AAC Representative, Retired Mens' 7s, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christy Ringgenberg: USOC AAC Alternate, Active Womens' 7s, email@example.com
- Irene Gardner: Int'l Athlete on USA Rugby Congress, Active Womens' 7s, firstname.lastname@example.org
- William Johnson: Int'l Athlete on USA Rugby Congress, Retired Mens' XVs, email@example.com
- Kimberly Magrini, Int'l Athlete on USA Rugby Congress, Retired Womens' XVs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jen Sinkler: Int'l Athlete on USA Rugby Congress, Retired Womens' 7s email@example.com
- Blaine Scully, Int'l Athlete on USA Rugby Congress, Active Mens' XVs, firstname.lastname@example.org
To educate rugby athletes about their rights and protect and advocate for those rights in support of advancing USA Rugby's mission.
Roles and Objectives:
Advise rugby athletes of their rights and resources available to them through an AAC website, face-to-face presentations, and email and social media.
Facilitate dialogue between athletes, USA Rugby and USOC through soliciting player input on key issues; representation at USA Rugby congress and board meetings and USOC assemblies; and disseminating USA Rugby and USOC information and policy updates to athletes.
Advocate for increasing and improving athlete support service including higher education and career development services, alumni programs and networks, Elite Athlete Health Insurance, Safe Sport and other health and safety programs.
USA Rugby Cooperation
Ensure USA Rugby's compliance with Olympic principles by participating in the development of High Performance plans, reviewing competition selection procedures and athlete agreements--such as Code of Conduct documents and commercial terms agreements--and ensuring 20% athlete voice and vote on all USA Rugby committees.
How we operate:
We address day-to-day issues collectively over e-mail; conduct monthly conference calls to discuss initiatives and agenda items; and hold face-to-face meetings in conjunction with major USA Rugby events. Please contact us individually or collectively with any issue--from anti-doping concerns to selection grievances to athlete welfare ideas--and we will discuss the issue internally, place it on the monthly agenda or schedule a face-to-face meeting as indicated in order to determine how best to proceed. We will never disclose any identifying information regarding your issue without your consent. We are here to ensure all USA Rugby athletes have a voice from the Eagles through the grassroots level!