Become a certified referee by completing these four steps.
- 1) Register with USA Rugby
- 2) Complete World Rugby Laws Exam
- 3) Complete Rugby Ready Exam
- 4) Complete a Certification Course
Register with USA Rugby
- To create or renew individual registration, please visit https://webpoint.usarugby.org/
- Enter your name, gender, and date of birth and indicate whether you've been a member before
- Read, print, and sign the Liability Waiver, then indicate whether you accept electronically by checking the boxes at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your contact information and click "Continue."
- Select your Role "Referee", your level, type in the name of the organization that you are registering to. (You may register to multiple roles, but you may not register as a player to more than one Club.)
- You will then checkout using the secure payment platform.
**If you are already registered as a player or coach and would like to "add" the new role of "referee"
- Go to our "Membership Forms" page
- Select "Dual Role Registration" form
- Fill out the information and click "submit"
- A representative from our membership department will contact you about paying the difference in registration fees, should a difference exist.
World Rugby Laws Exam
- Visit laws.worldrugby.org/
- Click English to view the site in English.
- Review all laws, by section or number. To do so click the tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- Once you feel confident, scroll down on the page. Click register on the left hand side in order to register for the site. If you have already registered, click login and enter your username and password. You may then skip to step 6.
- If you have not yet registered, fill out the information requested and click register. You will receive a confirmation email from World Rugby Passport. Open this email and click the link. The link will return you to the World Rugby Laws page.
- On the World Rugby laws page, scroll down and click 'Go to Law exam.' You will then have the opportunity to complete the exam. Upon completion please print the course completion certificate and bring it with you to your course.
Rugby Ready Exam
- Visit World Rugby Ready
- Click the bubble on the bottom of the screen that is furthest to the left- this will allow you to take the course in English
- Click Login and enter the username and password that you created for the World Rugby laws exam
- You will be prompted to read and accept the terms of the site, do so.
- On the left hand side of the screen you will see tabs with gray X's next to them. Click on the first tab to complete the first module.
- After reading the content for the module, look at the top of the screen. There will be a tab that says video and a tab that says questions. You will need to watch the video and then complete the questions. Click submit once you have answered the questions
- If you answered any questions incorrectly, go back and review the material to obtain the correct answer. Click submit.
- After completing the first module, you will repeat steps 6 and 7 for the remaining modules.
- Upon successful completion of all modules you will see a certificate of completion appear. Please print this certificate for your records. If you are scheduled to attend a certification course, please bring the certificate with you.