USA Rugby is excited to announce our new partnership with Topscore for our tournament sanctioning process.
Event Sanctioning is the means by which USA Rugby accident and liability insurance coverage is extended to tournaments and other rugby events. The practices, friendly competition, and league matches of compliant clubs are the only competitions considered sanctioned by default. Any other event may seek sanctioning by submission of a timely application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tournament sanctioning is a required process for all events seeking USA Rugby's Liability Insurance. These tournaments typically have the following properties:
- They are a qualifying tournament and or a championship event
- They charge an entrance fee for the participating club's
- They have a clear and concise winner at the completion of the event
What are the benefits of having your event Sanctioned by USA Rugby?
- Access to an online portal for event participant registration
- USA Rugby's third party Liability Insurance Certificate
- Participant Accident Insurance
- Assistance with contacting deficient clubs and helping them to resolve any compliance deficiencies so that they may participate (more participants = more profit)
- Referee assignments are often based on the status of your sanctioning application
- Access to a USA Rugby Sanctioned - Event logo that you may use on your event page, banner, flyers, etc.
- Web access to upload match reports, results, and approved photos to their own event-specific webpage
What does the event sanction application process entail?
- Submittal of the Event Sanction Application no later than four weeks prior to the date of the event. Failure to comply with this will result in a mandatory payment of the Expedite fee.
- Payment of the Tournament Sanction Application fee.
- Submittal of a complete list of participating clubs. This is provided to you during the sanction application. Please submit all club lists to Sanctions@usarugby.org
- Once all participating clubs are checked and approved for USA Rugby's Compliance requirements, the tournament organizer will receive a sanctioning letter.
- Organizer may request a USA Rugby Certificate of Insurance
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com