|Form||Fee||Submission Deadline||Cutoff for Processing|
|Appeal/Challenge Fee (General fee, not expedited)||$500.00||Must be timely (within 10 business days of decision)||3 business days prior to match/event|
|Waiver Request||$50.00||Within 14 business days prior to match/event||5 business days prior to match/event (Monday)|
|(Club) International Tour Clearance||$50.00||Within 10 business days prior to departure||3 business days prior to departure|
|(Individual) Int'l. Clearance||$50.00||Within 3 business days of match/event||3 business days prior to match/event|
|Certificate of Insurance||$25.00||Delivered by close of business (MST, M-F)||Request received by 5:00 pm|
|Event Sanction Application |
& Club List
|$260.00||Application & Club List must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to event||8 days prior to event|
USA Rugby members are a part of one of the most rapidly growing sports in the country. Their passion for the game is undying and this creates an enthusiasm that promotes growth and excitement for the sport of rugby. A USA Rugby member can be a player, fan, team contact or even referee. As a member, our goal is to grow in awareness and participation year after year.
Membership Categories and Costs
|High School Player||$30.00|
|Club Team Registration||$150|
Insurance: Within any contact sport there is the chance of somebody getting injured, but with your USA Rugby Membership, we have you covered. Liability and Accident Insurance reduces liability for registered members, covers rugby-related accidents at sanctioned events and more. See the Insurance tab for more information.
League and Tournament Participation: A membership with USA Rugby gives you access to join one of over 3000 clubs and participate in tournaments around the country. USA Rugby is in charge of over 400 youth teams, 1,200 High School teams, 900 College Teams and 700 Senior Teams.
Opportunity to Compete in a National Championship Series: With 30 National Playoff and Championship events each year, a USA Rugby membership creates opportunities for rugby members to compete at an elite level.
Structure: One of the key benefits of a membership with USA Rugby is the structure provided by the governing body. This includes keeping the league referees current with their training, providing coaching staff background checks, communicating recent medical updates and information and creating a strong foundation for the game.
Staying Connected: Staying up-to-date with USA Rugby is easy with your membership. With access to E-News updates, you will have the latest rugby news and resources at your fingertips. This also includes live coverage of tournaments and popular rugby matches to keep you current on everything rugby.
Affiliation: We are proud to support rugby players across the United States and strive to create value for all of our members. A USA Rugby membership signifies your affiliation with this increasingly popular sport and genuine love for the game.
In order to practice and/or compete in any rugby-related competition, the following registration conditions must be met:
- The club must have a current, paid registration with USA Rugby for the appropriate gender and level of play. The club registration status and expiration date may be checked on the teams roster.
- All players must have a current, paid registration with USA Rugby and appear on the online roster as a player for the current registration period. Club rosters and individual member status may be verified here.
- High School and Youth players who register directly through a State Rugby Organization (SRO) may take additional time to process; regardless, USA Rugby recognizes these players as members of our union from the moment registration paperwork is filed with the SRO.
- Each club must have an appropriately certified USA Rugby coach with a current, paid registration affiliated to the club. All contact clubs must maintain at least one Level 200 Certified Coach, while non-contact clubs must maintain a Level 100 Certified coach.
- Each club must have at least 15 registered players (for fifteens) and 9 registered players (for sevens) to be considered in compliance with USA Rugby's Membership Policies.
- All clubs and individuals must follow all USA Rugby Eligibility Regulations, as well as all Union regulations and procedures.
- All Youth, High School and Rookie Rugby clubs must be affiliated and list under the residing states State Rugby Organization for governance.