If something happened at practice or at a game, would you be prepared? Being aware of your surroundings at all times, knowing your players, being organized and being educated is all part of being a prepared coach. Below are some things to think about, resources and tips for preparing for risk management at all levels.
Things you should know:
- Do you have an emergency action plan for all practices and games?
- Have all players submitted a physical and have a doctor’s clearance to play?
- Are you and all your coaches certified, registered and insured with USA Rugby?
Tips & Resources:
Recognize that as a contact sport, rugby has inherent risks. Be prepared and well versed in the following areas:
- Coach/Administrator Preparation
- Player Preparation
- Potential Safety Concerns
- Contact with other players and the ground
- Click here to view an Injury Incident Report Form
- Other Risks
- Weather/field conditions